-   -   How to fix messed up KDE menu icons? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/420631-how-fix-messed-up-kde-menu-icons.html)

Bill Longman 08-31-2010 02:50 AM

How to fix messed up KDE menu icons?

I have a broken Firefox-3 reference in my KDE favorites menu. Is there a tool to fix these broken items because I haven't found one.
--
Bill Longman
Εν αρχη ην ο λογος

Gregory Shearman 08-31-2010 06:27 AM

In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:

> I have a broken Firefox-3 reference in my KDE favorites menu. Is there a
> tool to fix these broken items because I haven't found one.

If you are on KDE 4.x then:

emerge kde-base/kmenuedit

Then type:

kmenuedit

That should be all you need.

Gregory.
Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

Gregory Shearman 08-31-2010 06:43 AM

How to fix messed up KDE menu icons?

In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:

> I have a broken Firefox-3 reference in my KDE favorites menu. Is there a
> tool to fix these broken items because I haven't found one.

In another message I suggested kmenuedit. I missed the bit about the
favourites menu. You should be able to remove it with a right click onto
the context menu. There should be an entry to delete the menu item
selected.

Gregory.