Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Tamer Higazi

Default creating ssh account without directory browsing

Hi Kalkin!
I have set up everything fine with SSH, and I am still not capable to
make the "chroot" option available with bluebream. Could you help me?!

My sshd_config:

http://pastebin.com/LHTUd1ah

Everytime I uncomment: "ChrootDirectory /work" and I try to connect, I
receive this message on the console:

Write failed: Broken pipe

Any ideas?!

Old 09-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Kalkin Sam

Hi,

Young padawan Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> spoke:

> Everytime I uncomment: "ChrootDirectory /work" and I try to connect, I
> receive this message on the console:
>
> Write failed: Broken pipe
>

> Any ideas?!

Yes RTFM and Google

man sshd_config and look at ChrootDirectory entry:
<cite> All components of the pathname must be root-owned directories
that are not writable by any other user or group. After the chroot,
sshd(8) changes the working directory to the user's home
directory</cite>

Here an Ubuntu forum which handles the same problem:

kalkin-

--
Paranoid sein heisst frei sein
(Hal Faber)