Old 08-28-2010, 01:39 AM
James

Default xorg.conf (HDMI vs DVI-D)

Jason Carson <jason <at> jasoncarson.ca> writes:

> Can you set overscan to 0% in the ATI Catalyst Control Center. Does that
> make a difference?

Dunno know. 'ATI catalyst Control Center' will not
launch from KDE menu system....(strange)

Ideas on what to recompile?

ati-drivers? emerge -1 `qlist -I -C x11-drivers`

has already been ran several times today....

???
Can I lauch it (syntax) from the command line?
(as root?)

James

Old 08-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Paul Hartman

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> I just looked at the manual for this TV online and it looks like it
>> has "Just Scan" mode which could potentially show you the original
>> image by pressing the P.SIZE button on the remote control. So you
>> might want to try again to see if this option does what you need.
>

> THANKS, never tried that button. It does not permanently set though...
>
> the default is 16:9 (which should work), 'wide fit',
> then 4:3, then 'just scan'.
>
> 'just scan' does the trick.
> *It does not permanently set though...
>
> What's the link to the manual...?
> I never could find it.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200911/20091103184905109/BN59-00785F-02Eng.pdf

Good luck!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
Daniel da Veiga

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:31, Paul Hartman
<paul.hartman+gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:18 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>> Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> I just looked at the manual for this TV online and it looks like it
>>> has "Just Scan" mode which could potentially show you the original
>>> image by pressing the P.SIZE button on the remote control. So you
>>> might want to try again to see if this option does what you need.
>>

>> THANKS, never tried that button. It does not permanently set though...
>>
>> the default is 16:9 (which should work), 'wide fit',
>> then 4:3, then 'just scan'.
>>
>> 'just scan' does the trick.
>> *It does not permanently set though...
>>
>> What's the link to the manual...?
>> I never could find it.
>
> http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200911/20091103184905109/BN59-00785F-02Eng.pdf

Accourding to the manual, it is possible to change the input source name.

I would advice the OP to try again what I suggested, I have a very
similar Samsung TV/Monitor, and using DVI and VGA works perfectly with
the computer, but I started using an HDMI cable, and the image would
distort, all borders would be missing, till I change the name of the
HDMI2 (the one I'm using) to "PC". Voila, everything to the right
place.

That's not written at the manual (neither yours, not the one for my
TV), I learned it using a forum for HTPC owners.

--
Daniel da Veiga

Old 09-04-2010, 01:56 AM
James

Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I would advice the OP to try again what I suggested, I have a very
> similar Samsung TV/Monitor, and using DVI and VGA works perfectly with
> the computer, but I started using an HDMI cable, and the image would
> distort, all borders would be missing, till I change the name of the
> HDMI2 (the one I'm using) to "PC". Voila, everything to the right
> place.

> That's not written at the manual (neither yours, not the one for my
> TV), I learned it using a forum for HTPC owners.

My 2333HD-1 only has one hdmi input, and the name cannot be changed.

I used hdmi on the video card and DVI-D on the monitor, and
the resolution is as it should be, with no over-scanning.

Thanks for the input.

James