Old 09-03-2010, 10:31 PM
Peter Humphrey

Default Old IDE drives and the "newer" PATA kernel drivers

On Friday 03 September 2010 22:19:47 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 17:31:08 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > > Just open konqueror and where URLs go, just type in "man:ls" or
> > > "info:ls" and the man or info page will pop up.
> >
> > Yes, thanks, I can do that. I just wanted to get my file
> > associations cleaned up.
>
> This isn't a file association though, it's choosing what to run based
> on the protocol. Do you have kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves installed?
> If you do, re-emerging it may fix whatever has become broken.

Thanks for the idea, but it didn't help. (Is it possible not to have the
IO slaves installed? I suppose it is, but what a lot of usefulness would
be lost thereby.)

It may be significant that I get a new tab in the existing Firefox
window, plus a new window in front of the existing one. What might cause
that?

--
Rgds
Peter. Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

Just open konqueror and where URLs go, just type in "man:ls" or
"info:ls" and the man or info page will pop up.

Yes, thanks, I can do that. I just wanted to get my file
associations cleaned up.

This isn't a file association though, it's choosing what to run based
on the protocol. Do you have kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves installed?
If you do, re-emerging it may fix whatever has become broken.

Thanks for the idea, but it didn't help. (Is it possible not to have the
IO slaves installed? I suppose it is, but what a lot of usefulness would
be lost thereby.)

It may be significant that I get a new tab in the existing Firefox
window, plus a new window in front of the existing one. What might cause
that?

Something seems screwed in your config. Try creating a new test user
and login with that one. See if it still happens there.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 AM
Peter Humphrey

On Saturday 04 September 2010 08:23:41 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> Something seems screwed in your config. Try creating a new test user
> and login with that one. See if it still happens there.

You're right. I did that and info:grub was displayed properly in
Konqueror. Now to find what's gone wrong.