Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default 2.6.35 and AHCI - what about "platform" ?

Am 27.08.2010 00:23, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
> On 08/27/2010 12:55 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
>>
>> What is a "Platform AHCI Serial ATA controller" ?
>
> This can be used for AHCI-compatible interfaces implemented inside
> System-On-Chip solutions, or AHCI devices connected via localbus.

Is this as Yes or a No, regarding my Intel SATA chip?

I assume "No" .... ?

Old 08-26-2010, 11:21 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 27.08.2010 00:35, schrieb Paul Hartman:

> I had the exact same question when I was configuring my kernel!
>
> I couldn't tell, I think maybe "Platform" is a brand name? I googled
> it and came up with no answers... if you find out the answer, let us
> know.

See other reply ;-)

Old 08-26-2010, 11:34 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

On 08/27/2010 02:21 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

Am 27.08.2010 00:23, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:

On 08/27/2010 12:55 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:

What is a "Platform AHCI Serial ATA controller" ?

This can be used for AHCI-compatible interfaces implemented inside
System-On-Chip solutions, or AHCI devices connected via localbus.

Is this as Yes or a No, regarding my Intel SATA chip?

I assume "No" .... ?

Since your SATA controller works without that option enabled, you have a
normal AHCI controller on your motherboard's southbridge. That means
the answer is "no". You don't need that option enabled.

Old 08-27-2010, 02:41 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Am 27.08.2010 01:34, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:

> Since your SATA controller works without that option enabled, you have a
> normal AHCI controller on your motherboard's southbridge. That means
> the answer is "no". You don't need that option enabled.

Thanks, Nikos!