Old 08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default 2.6.35 and AHCI - what about "platform" ?

What is a "Platform AHCI Serial ATA controller" ?

Should I set CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM with 2.6.35 now?

I have:

# zgrep -i AHCI /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y
# CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM is not set

and

# lspci | grep AHCI
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HB (ICH8) 4 port SATA
AHCI Controller (rev 02)

I am unsure ...

thanks, Stefan

Old 08-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

What is a "Platform AHCI Serial ATA controller" ?

This can be used for AHCI-compatible interfaces implemented inside
System-On-Chip solutions, or AHCI devices connected via localbus.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Paul Hartman

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@xunil.at> wrote:

> What is a "Platform AHCI Serial ATA controller" ?
>
> Should I set CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM with 2.6.35 now?
>
> I have:
>
> # zgrep -i AHCI /proc/config.gz
> CONFIG_SATA_AHCI=y
> # CONFIG_SATA_AHCI_PLATFORM is not set
>
> and
>
> # lspci | grep AHCI
> 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HB (ICH8) 4 port SATA
> AHCI Controller (rev 02)
>
> I am unsure ...
>
> thanks, Stefan

I had the exact same question when I was configuring my kernel!

I couldn't tell, I think maybe "Platform" is a brand name? I googled
it and came up with no answers... if you find out the answer, let us
know.