Old 08-26-2010, 04:29 PM
pk

Default Firefox and noscript... (maybe off-topic)

Hi,

I'm using firefox together with noscript which has worked fine for quite
a while now and I don't have a real problem with it... Although in the
latest update, I've discovered that it always connects to 188.121.36.239
(which belongs to "Go Daddy" Netherlands) during start up (I've set mine
to show a blank page on start). I have no knowledge of "Go Daddy" but I
read that they are some kind of web hosting firm. Question is, does
anyone else run "noscript" in firefox and see this connection? Opinions
welcome...

Best regards

Peter K

Old 08-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Joshua Murphy

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM, pk <peterk2@coolmail.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using firefox together with noscript which has worked fine for quite
> a while now and I don't have a real problem with it... Although in the
> latest update, I've discovered that it always connects to 188.121.36.239
> (which belongs to "Go Daddy" Netherlands) during start up (I've set mine
> to show a blank page on start). I have no knowledge of "Go Daddy" but I
> read that they are some kind of web hosting firm. Question is, does
> anyone else run "noscript" in firefox and see this connection? Opinions
> welcome...
>
> Best regards
>
> Peter K

Sounds like it's probably this:
http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4743

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy

Old 08-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Petri Rosenström

Hi

yes it is. I checked it and if you don't want this behavior just
uncheck NoScript Options|Advanced|ABE|WAN IP ∈ LOCAL

Petri Rosenström

Old 08-26-2010, 06:05 PM
pk

On 2010-08-26 19:06, Petri Rosenström wrote:

> yes it is. I checked it and if you don't want this behavior just
> uncheck NoScript Options|Advanced|ABE|WAN IP ∈ LOCAL

Hm... I tried google (using noscript and "go daddy" as keywords) but
found nothing... Thanks both to you and Joshua!

Best regards

Peter K