Old 08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Alex Schuster

Default Hardware Support for Netbook

Aaron Bauman writes:

> I bought a new Toshiba T215D-S1150 with a AMD Athlon II Neo
> Processor. I am currently having issues with the livecd not booting.
> Everything seems to get stuck on an NeT RPC error while the kernel is
> booting. I was able to successfully install Ubuntu (Netbook Remix and
> 10.x). From there I was able to chroot and install Gentoo. Upon
> reboot I was not able to boot the kernel yet again. I have chrooted
> back in several times and still have failed to find the proper kernel
> version or configuration that will boot my system. Any support or help
> would be greatly appreciated.

The just use the Ubuntu kernel: Boot Ubuntu again, and get its kernel
.config from /proc/config.gz like this:

cd /mnt/gentoo/usr/src/linux
zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
make oldconfig

Modify as you like and build the kernel again.

Wonko

Old 08-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Mick

On 26 August 2010 14:07, Aaron Bauman <bauman.aaron@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
> ** I bought a new Toshiba T215D-S1150 with a AMD Athlon II Neo Processor.* I
> am currently having issues with the livecd not booting.* Everything seems to
> get stuck on an NeT RPC error while the kernel is booting.* I was able to
> successfully install Ubuntu (Netbook Remix and 10.x).* From there I was able
> to chroot and install Gentoo.* Upon reboot I was not able to boot the kernel
> yet again.* I have chrooted back in several times and still have failed to
> find the proper kernel version or configuration that will boot my system.
> Any support or help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Respectfully,
> Aaron Bauman

I am thinking that some like cat boot/config-`uname -r` >
ubuntu_config.txt will save the Ubuntu kernel configuration. Then you
can use its settings to configure your Gentoo kernel.

HTH.
Mick

Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 PM
Bill Longman

On 08/26/2010 06:07 AM, Aaron Bauman wrote:
> All,
> I bought a new Toshiba T215D-S1150 with a AMD Athlon II Neo
> Processor. I am currently having issues with the livecd not booting.
> Everything seems to get stuck on an NeT RPC error while the kernel is
> booting. I was able to successfully install Ubuntu (Netbook Remix and
> 10.x). From there I was able to chroot and install Gentoo. Upon reboot
> I was not able to boot the kernel yet again. I have chrooted back in
> several times and still have failed to find the proper kernel version or
> configuration that will boot my system. Any support or help would be
> greatly appreciated.

You should post the lspci from ubuntu, so we can give some suggestions.
We're flying blind right now.