Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Gentoo User (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/)
-   -   ebuild with local source? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/417412-ebuild-local-source.html)

Helmut Jarausch 08-24-2010 11:25 AM

ebuild with local source?
 
Hi,

I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to a
local distribution file.

I've tried

SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"

but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

(I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)

Mick 08-24-2010 11:40 AM

ebuild with local source?
 
On 24 August 2010 12:25, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to a
> local distribution file.
>
> I've tried
>
> SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
>
> but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
>
> Is there any alternative?

Read the section "Using your source" at the end of the page here:
http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Writing_Ebuilds

HTH.

PS. You may also want to experiment setting a
DISTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/Src" and see if it works (haven't tried it
myself)
--
Regards,
Mick

Robin Atwood 08-24-2010 11:45 AM

ebuild with local source?
 
On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to a
> local distribution file.
>
> I've tried
>
> SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
>
> but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
>
> Is there any alternative?
>
> Thanks for a hint,
> Helmut.
>
> (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)

"ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?

HTH
-Robin
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin Atwood.

"Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Helmut Jarausch 08-24-2010 12:01 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to
> a
> > local distribution file.
> >
> > I've tried
> >
> > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
> >
> > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
> >
> > Is there any alternative?
> >
> > Thanks for a hint,
> > Helmut.
> >
> > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
>
> "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?

Thanks, but isn't that erased when I resync next time?

Helmut.

Alan McKinnon 08-24-2010 12:03 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
Apparently, though unproven, at 14:01 on Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut
Jarausch did opine thusly:

> On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to
> >
> > a
> >
> > > local distribution file.
> > >
> > > I've tried
> > >
> > > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
> > >
> > > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
> > >
> > > Is there any alternative?
> > >
> > > Thanks for a hint,
> > > Helmut.
> > >
> > > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
> >
> > "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?
>
> Thanks, but isn't that erased when I resync next time?
>
> Helmut.


No.

emerge --sync does not nuke your distfiles.
If it does you would know all about it by now.


--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Robin Atwood 08-24-2010 12:09 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to
> >
> > a
> >
> > > local distribution file.
> > >
> > > I've tried
> > >
> > > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
> > >
> > > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
> > >
> > > Is there any alternative?
> > >
> > > Thanks for a hint,
> > > Helmut.
> > >
> > > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
> >
> > "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?
>
> Thanks, but isn't that erased when I resync next time?

No. Syncing doesn't touch the distfiles. I use this technique all the time.

-Robin
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Robin Atwood.

"Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there ain't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst"
from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Helmut Jarausch 08-24-2010 12:16 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
Thanks, Mick, Robin and Alan!

Helmut.

Helmut Jarausch 08-24-2010 04:39 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to
> a
> > local distribution file.
> >
> > I've tried
> >
> > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
> >
> > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
> >
> > Is there any alternative?
> >
> > Thanks for a hint,
> > Helmut.
> >
> > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
>
> "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?
>
> HTH
> -Robin

Hi, but what do I specify for SRC_URI

I've tried
SRC="MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 s390 sh sparc x86"
IUSE=""
S="$WORKDIR/${P}"
src_unpack() {
unpack "${A}"
}

But it fails saying "nothing specified for unpack"
And, indeed,
doing
ebuild --debug <PATH_to_EBUILD> unpack
shows that ${A} is the empty string.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot, it drives me nuts,
Helmut.

"Arttu V." 08-24-2010 05:17 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
On 8/24/10, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
>> On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers to
>> a
>> > local distribution file.
>> >
>> > I've tried
>> >
>> > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
>> >
>> > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
>> >
>> > Is there any alternative?
>> >
>> > Thanks for a hint,
>> > Helmut.
>> >
>> > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
>>
>> "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles" maybe?
>>
>> HTH
>> -Robin
>
> Hi, but what do I specify for SRC_URI
>
> I've tried
> SRC="MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz"
> SLOT="0"
> KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 s390 sh sparc x86"
> IUSE=""
> S="$WORKDIR/${P}"
> src_unpack() {
> unpack "${A}"
> }
>
> But it fails saying "nothing specified for unpack"
> And, indeed,
> doing
> ebuild --debug <PATH_to_EBUILD> unpack
> shows that ${A} is the empty string.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks a lot, it drives me nuts,
> Helmut.

Place a RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild, and copy the tarball manually
to distfiles dir.

--
Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors

Helmut Jarausch 08-24-2010 05:56 PM

ebuild with local source?
 
On 08/24/10 19:17:05, Arttu V. wrote:
> On 8/24/10, Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> > On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:
> >> On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> >> > Hi,
> >> >
> >> > I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers
> to
> >> a
> >> > local distribution file.
> >> >
> >> > I've tried
> >> >
> >> > SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"
> >> >
> >> > but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.
> >> >
> >> > Is there any alternative?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks for a hint,
> >> > Helmut.
> >> >
> >> > (I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)
> >>
> >> "ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles"
> maybe?
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> -Robin
> >
> > Hi, but what do I specify for SRC_URI
> >
> > I've tried
> > SRC="MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz"
> > SLOT="0"
> > KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 s390 sh sparc
> x86"
> > IUSE=""
> > S="$WORKDIR/${P}"
> > src_unpack() {
> > unpack "${A}"
> > }
> >
> > But it fails saying "nothing specified for unpack"
> > And, indeed,
> > doing
> > ebuild --debug <PATH_to_EBUILD> unpack
> > shows that ${A} is the empty string.
> >
> > What am I missing?
> >
> > Thanks a lot, it drives me nuts,
> > Helmut.
>
> Place a RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild, and copy the tarball manually
> to distfiles dir.

Unfortunately, now I get MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz does not exist (though it
is in /usr/portage/distfiles)

Thanks,
Helmut.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:52 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.