Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 PM
"Arttu V."

Default ebuild with local source?

Helmut Jarausch wrote:

On 08/24/10 19:17:05, Arttu V. wrote:

On 8/24/10, Helmut Jarausch<jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

On 08/24/10 13:45:05, Robin Atwood wrote:

On Tuesday 24 August 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to create an ebuild (in my local overlay) which refers

local distribution file.

I've tried

SRC_URI="file::///usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2"

but "file://" doesn't seem to be supported.

Is there any alternative?

Thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

(I'm using portage-2.2._rc68)

"ln -s /usr/local/Src/MyPack.tar.bz2 /usr/portage/distfiles"

maybe?

HTH
-Robin

Hi, but what do I specify for SRC_URI

I've tried
SRC="MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="alpha amd64 arm hppa ia64 mips ppc ppc64 s390 sh sparc

x86"

IUSE=""
S="$WORKDIR/${P}"
src_unpack() {
unpack "${A}"
}

But it fails saying "nothing specified for unpack"
And, indeed,
doing
ebuild --debug<PATH_to_EBUILD> unpack
shows that ${A} is the empty string.

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot, it drives me nuts,
Helmut.

Place a RESTRICT="fetch" in the ebuild, and copy the tarball manually
to distfiles dir.

Unfortunately, now I get MyPack-1.0.7.tar.gz does not exist (though it
is in /usr/portage/distfiles)

AFAIK there is no variable SRC that ebuild/portage would know of, but
there is SRC_URI. Change to that and try to check for other similar, but
hard to notice problems in the ebuild.

--
Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors