-   -   OT: External sound card (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/416432-ot-external-sound-card.html)

Florian Philipp 08-22-2010 11:59 AM

OT: External sound card

Hi list!

I'm looking for an external sound card with USB, Firewire or ExpressCard
connector. It must not be professional equipment - just something with a
working SPDIF output (optical preferred). If the card can be hot-plugged
and unplugged without ALSA choking on it - even better.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Florian Philipp

Florian Philipp 09-01-2010 06:12 PM

OT: External sound card

Am 22.08.2010 13:59, schrieb Florian Philipp:
> Hi list!
>
> I'm looking for an external sound card with USB, Firewire or ExpressCard
> connector. It must not be professional equipment - just something with a
> working SPDIF output (optical preferred). If the card can be hot-plugged
> and unplugged without ALSA choking on it - even better.
>
> Any recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Florian Philipp

Just as a follow-up:
I ordered a Terratec Aureon Dual USB.
It works out-of-the-box with the generic USB audio driver snd_usb_audio.
SPDIF works without further configuration, too.

Regards,
Florian Philipp