Old 08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Florian Philipp

Default /etc/portage/package.use for LINGUAS?

Hi list!

I'd like to change the LINGUAS setting for a single package. Is there a
config file for stuff like this?

The thing is: I want to prevent the installation of German man-pages
because they are generally inferior to the English originals and while I
appreciate the work done to translate them, I don't really need them.

Thanks in advance!
Florian Philipp

Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Mirek Dvořák

try in package.use something like
app-office/openoffice-bin linguas_en_GB linguas_de
Mirek

Old 08-19-2010, 05:14 PM
Andrea Conti

On 19/08/2010 17:49, Florian Philipp wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> I'd like to change the LINGUAS setting for a single package. Is there a
> config file for stuff like this?

LINGUAS (like VIDEO_CARDS, INPUT_DEVICES and similar stuff) is declared
as an USE_EXPAND variable, so that its contents get automatically
translated in a set of USE flags. For example, having LINGUAS="de en"
results in the USE flags "linguas_de" and "linguas_en" being set for
ebuilds.

User-specified settings take precedence over expanded USE flags, so you
can simply set/unset the flags as needed through package.use (e.g. if
you have a global LINGUAS="de", "sys-apps/man-pages -linguas_de" in
package.use would do the trick)

andrea