Old 08-17-2010, 09:27 AM

Default regarding Participation in Gentoo Linux

Hi,
*** I would like to participate in the Gentoo Linux.Please help and suggest how can I become a member for Gentoo Linux.I have gone through the website of gentoo following the link :http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contact.xml#intro .Please help and reply with some suggestions.I am really interested to participate and want to enhance my skills as a developer in Linux.
************************************************** ************************ Appreciate your help for rest of my life.
*
*
Thamks,
Arjun.

www.wipro.com

Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Jake Moe

On 08/17/10 19:27, arjun.sharma@wipro.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to participate in the Gentoo Linux.Please help and suggest how can I become a member for Gentoo Linux.I have gone through the website of gentoo following the link :http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/contact.xml#intro .Please help and reply with some suggestions.I am really interested to participate and want to enhance my skills as a developer in Linux.
> Appreciate your help for rest of my life.
>

> Thamks,
> Arjun.

> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

I would suggest starting with the "Become a Developer" link on the main
Gentoo site: http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml.

Jake Moe

Old 08-17-2010, 10:12 AM

Hi,
I have already followed below link,but now I need to know how can I proceed further.How can i have a mentor and start the further process.

Thanks,
Arjun.

________________________________

Old 08-17-2010, 12:44 PM
"Arttu V."

On 8/17/10, arjun.sharma@wipro.com <arjun.sharma@wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have already followed below link,but now I need to know how can I
> proceed further.How can i have a mentor and start the further process.

Try the irc channels. AFAIK it is in practice near-impossible to
become a Gentoo dev without lurking on irc channels, at least in the
beginning.

--
Arttu V. -- Running Gentoo is like running with scissors