Old 08-16-2010, 02:57 AM
Valmor de Almeida

Default gentoo on laptop suggestion

Hello,

I would appreciate suggestions on what ultraportable laptop to put
gentoo on. I am looking for a desktop replacement, therefore a
powerful yet very portable machine would be ideal.

Thanks,

--
Valmor

Old 08-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Thomas Yao

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 10:57 AM, Valmor de Almeida
<val.gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would appreciate suggestions on what ultraportable laptop to put
> gentoo on. I am looking for a desktop replacement, therefore a
> powerful yet very portable machine would be ideal.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Valmor

Thinkpad is perfect, I strongly recommend you buy Thinkpad X/T series
to hack gentoo or any other Linux distros with it.
And this website will prove me right: http://www.thinkwiki.org/
You gotta love it~

--
@ghosTM55
Mechanism, not policy

Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 AM
Valmor de Almeida

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Thomas Yao <t.yao426@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Thinkpad is perfect, I strongly recommend you buy Thinkpad X/T series
> to hack gentoo or any other Linux distros with it.
> And this website will prove me right: http://www.thinkwiki.org/
> You gotta love it~
>
> --
> @ghosTM55
> Mechanism, not policy

Thanks for pointing this out. It seems the X series is what I need.

Valmor

Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Thomas Yao

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:13 PM, Valmor de Almeida
<val.gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Thomas Yao <t.yao426@gmail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
>>
>> Thinkpad is perfect, I strongly recommend you buy Thinkpad X/T series
>> to hack gentoo or any other Linux distros with it.
>> And this website will prove me right: http://www.thinkwiki.org/
>> You gotta love it~
>>
>> --
>> @ghosTM55
>> Mechanism, not policy
>>

> Thanks for pointing this out. It seems the X series is what I need.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Valmor

Good choice , mine is X61
Good luck

--
@ghosTM55
Mechanism, not policy

Old 08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Fernando Antunes

<val.gentoo@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM, Thomas Yao <t.yao426@gmail.com> wrote:

> [snip]

>> Thinkpad is perfect, I strongly recommend you buy Thinkpad X/T series

>> to hack gentoo or any other Linux distros with it.

>> And this website will prove me right: http://www.thinkwiki.org/

>> You gotta love it~
*I suggest Thinkpad too. My T61 works very fine.

>> --

>> @ghosTM55

>> Mechanism, not policy

> Thanks for pointing this out. It seems the X series is what I need.

> Regards,

> --

> Valmor

Good choice , mine is X61

Good luck

--

@ghosTM55

Mechanism, not policy

Old 08-17-2010, 04:54 AM
Petri Rosenström

I own a samsung and I don't recommend anyone to buy one. Nothing in
particular wrong (brightness control not working by default), but I
don't like it.

Regards
Petri Rosenström