Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
"Stefan G. Weichinger"

Default Gnome icons: gant / gargantuan

Greets, gentoo-users,

I recently saw the Screenshot Contest Results:

http://www.gentoo.org/news/20100808-screenshot-winners-announcement.xml

I liked place nr 4 "Gnome with the Gant icon theme"

Now I tried to get these icons as well.

I emerged x11-themes/gargantuan-icon-theme which gave me the choice in
the settings dialog, but only a few icons changed, not all (for example,
the folders on my desktop still look the same).

I fiddled with ~myuser/.themes and ~myuser/.icons ... no success.

I even got the gant-icons from gnome-look.org and installed them, still
the same mis-behavior: some icons changed, not all.

Is there any way of somehow resetting things?

I also used gtk-update-icon-cache ... etc ...

hmm

It's not important, but nice-to-have, maybe someone could help me out ...

Thanks a lot, Stefan