Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Tamer Higazi

Default problems building x11-libs/gtk+-2.20.1-r1

Hi people!
I am in front of a disaster updating my gentoo system. Now the system
is shot, and I am not capable starting the gnome-manager:

at the end it says only:

checking Pango flags... configure: error:
*** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
*** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.

I remerged Cairo, cairo, pango but the problem still exists... and
don't know how to solve it.

For any support I would kindly thank you.

I put the files log, env and info at pastebin to view.

build.log
http://pastebin.com/CRdFS1Wt

bluild.env
http://pastebin.com/ze4tN1HE

build.info
http://pastebin.com/3L1XL2Jb

Old 08-13-2010, 02:29 PM
Bill Longman

On 08/13/2010 07:09 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> Hi people!
> I am in front of a disaster updating my gentoo system. Now the system
> is shot, and I am not capable starting the gnome-manager:
>
> at the end it says only:
>
> checking Pango flags... configure: error:
> *** Pango not found. Pango built with Cairo support is required
> *** to build GTK+. See http://www.pango.org for Pango information.
>
> I remerged Cairo, cairo, pango but the problem still exists... and
> don't know how to solve it.

Did you run revdep-rebuild? Did you run lafilefixer?

Old 08-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Tamer Higazi

As you told me I merged "lafilefixer" and ran lafilefixer --justfixit

then I executed revdep-rebuild which wants to remerge a huge amout of
packages who because "libpangocairo-1.0.so.0" was missing, or couldn't
be linked at the end, revdep-rebuild wants to emerge a package called
"eel" which is masked:

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "gnome-base/eel" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- gnome-base/eel-2.24.1 (masked by: package.mask)
/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
# Pacho Ramos <pacho@gentoo.org> (12 Jul 2010)
# Masked for removal in 30 days.
# No longer developed by upstream, fails with forced as-needed (bug #277169),
# does not compile against gnome-desktop-2.30 (bug #311563).

but I want to upgrade my system, and love to solve this Pango Cairo problem....

if you have anymore ideas, I would thank you.

Tamer