Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Enrico Weigelt

Default automatic wlan restart

Hi folks,

I'm regularily loosing wlan link (not sure if its a driver problem
or disortion in the local air) and so have to restart the wland
interface quite often. As the box is also doing several automatic
things (backups, etc), it's really ugly (eg. when I'm not on keys,
at some point no backups can be made, etc).

So I'm looking for a way to fully-automatically restart the interface
when the link goes down. Of course, I could hack up some syslog
parsing, which calls '/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 restart', but that
implies the interface going down (iow: ipstack will report no route
to destination network back to applications) for several seconds.

Does anyone know an better solution, which just reconnects to the
same AP w/o taking the interface down (maybe even buffer the
packets while physical link down) ?

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666