Old 08-12-2010, 03:22 AM
sam new

Default root in LVM with ext4 as mount ext2

Hi all,
****** I transfer data to a new harddisk* ,and use LVM . when it boots up* ,the root is mounted as ext2 ,the real filesystem is ext4 ,how should I do ?

here is /etc/fstab
/dev/sda5************** /boot********** ext3*********** noatime******** 0 1

/dev/mapper/sysvg-root********* /************** ext4*********** noatime******** 0 1
/dev/mapper/sysvg-usr********* /usr*********** ext4*********** noatime******** 0 1
/dev/mapper/sysvg-home******** /home********** ext4*********** noatime******** 0 1

/dev/mapper/sysvg-var********* /var*********** ext4*********** noatime******** 0 1
/dev/sda6************** none*********** swap*********** sw************* 0 0
/dev/cdrom************* /mnt/cdrom***** auto*********** users,noauto,ro 0 0

/dev/sda2************** /mnt/cpan****** ntfs-3g******** users********** 0 0
/dev/sda3************** /mnt/dpan****** ntfs-3g******** users********** 0 0
#/dev/sda6************** /mnt/epan****** ntfs-3g******** users********** 0 0

#/dev/sda1************** /mnt/vbox****** ntfs-3g******** users,exec********** 0 0
#/dev/fd0************** /mnt/floppy**** auto*********** noauto********* 0 0

# glibc 2.2 and above expects tmpfs to be mounted at /dev/shm for

# POSIX shared memory (shm_open, shm_unlink).
# (tmpfs is a dynamically expandable/shrinkable ramdisk, and will
#* use almost no memory if not populated with files)
shm******************** /dev/shm******* tmpfs********** nodev,nosuid,noexec**** 0 0

proc******************* /proc********** proc*********** defaults*************** 0 0

and menu.lst* the initramfs* I use genkernel
*title Gentoo Linux 2.6.34-r1 LVM
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/kernel-2.6.34-gentoo-r1 dolvm root=/dev/ram0 real_root=/dev/sysvg/root rootfstype=ext4 init=/linuxrc* splash=silent,theme:emergence console=tty quiet

initrd /boot/initramfs-genkernel-x86_64-2.6.34-gentoo-r1

*

Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 AM
Alex Schuster

sam new writes:

> any one help?

Yes, google. With 'rootfstype=ext4 initrd genkernel' the first hit shows
bug #221245 (rootfs is incorrectly mounted as ext2). I assume you have
ext4 compiled as module?

Wonko

Old 08-12-2010, 11:48 AM
sam new

thanks, I have google yet maybe wrong keywords ,yes i compiled as module,does it comiled in kernel can slove the problem?

Old 08-12-2010, 11:54 AM
sam new

I have check it again ,I compile it into the kernel