Old 08-10-2010, 06:25 PM

Default VDR, but...

Hi,

still searching for a good EPG-creating application, which additional
may record DVB-t broadcasts I am now struggling with vdr.

I am at the point, where vdr displays one channel via ShmClinet.
But it does not except any keyboard input and does not react
in any way on my hammering on the keys.

And it has a very noticeable delay between audio and video, which
cannot be recognized when playing the same channel via vlc.

I am using X11 with input-evdev.

I read about the installation of vdr here:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/vdr-guide.xml

But it seems, that this doc is somewhat outdated...I cannot
find the util "pcimodules" which is used in this description.

How can I fix the two problems described above...

Little frustrated,
best regards,
mcc

Old 08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 20:25:16 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> But it seems, that this doc is somewhat outdated...I cannot
> find the util "pcimodules" which is used in this description.

That's been replaced by lspci -k.

--
Neil Bothwick

Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.