Old 08-10-2010, 02:13 PM
James

Default kde-4.4.5 & Seamonkey weirdness

Adam Carter <adamcarter3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Ever since my upgrade to kde-4.4.5 my seamonkey windows
> sporadically go black, when I move the mouse away from
> them. Both the Web browser and the mail client do this
> sporadically. Headers, toolbars and where the text appears
> all sporadically get into the act.

> Interesting - sounds similar to what i get - see my thread "Some corruption
after gnome 2.30". I rebuilt world and still have the problem. So perhaps.there
is something lower level than gnome/kde that causes this issue.

Yep, maybe you are on to something. I rebuilt seamonkey and
gnome-extra/evolution-data-server and still it croaks.

I rebuild 'system' tonight and see if that helps. I have not
sync'd and updated in 5 days, so I do that too. Let you know
what I find. Since I run kde, it must be deep below the gnome
or kde level.....?

Here are my seamonkey flags:
alsa chatzilla composer crypt cups dbus java ldap mailclient roaming
startup-notification -custom-optimization -gnome -system-sqlite

James

Old 08-10-2010, 05:28 PM
pk

On 2010-08-10 16:13, James wrote:
> Adam Carter <adamcarter3 <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> Interesting - sounds similar to what i get - see my thread "Some corruption
> after gnome 2.30". I rebuilt world and still have the problem. So perhaps.there
> is something lower level than gnome/kde that causes this issue.

What X graphic card driver are you using? I ran into a similar issue
with ati-drivers (>=10.6) where AMD has introduced a new 2D acceleration
infrastructure (inherited from Windows); this doesn't work so good (at
least not for me and others) so I disabled it with 'aticonfig
--set-pcs-str=DDX,ForceXAA,TRUE' (as root of course, since this changes
a ati config file in /etc).

Best regards

Peter K