-   -   GDBM incompatibility woes; any experts out there? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/410731-gdbm-incompatibility-woes-any-experts-out-there.html)

"Kevin O'Gorman" 08-10-2010 01:27 AM

GDBM incompatibility woes; any experts out there?

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM, walt <w41ter@gmail.com> wrote:

On 08/09/2010 12:33 PM, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:

Now I find that not only

do the gdbm modules of python and perl reject my files, but so does a C program that uses the distributed

libgdbm.

You didn't say how long ago the problem started, but looking at the

files in sys-libs/gdbm I see nothing newer than March 20. *Is your

problem newer than March 20?

Have you tried running your test program with strace?

I hadn't done anything with that application in over a year, so I did not have any way to narrow it down.
As it happens, I had a sudden rush of brains to the head and read the ewarn message that comes out

when you compile gdbm, to the effect that 32-bit systems may have to rebuild, etc, etc.

As I suspected, it was LFS-related.

Write it off as a case of RTFLog.

Now all I have to do is discover why an ewarn wasn't emailed to me -- I thought I had that set up.

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD