Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
James

Default kde-4.4.5 & Seamonkey weirdness

Hello,

Ever since my upgrade to kde-4.4.5 my seamonkey windows
sporadically go black, when I move the mouse away from
them. Both the Web browser and the mail client do this
sporadically. Headers, toolbars and where the text appears
all sporadically get into the act. Even just the "subject
window of this message is affected. Today, the color is solid gray.
The maligned behavior always returns upon exiting kde or even rebooting the
system.

Also the scroll bar seems extraordinarily slow and often
buffers up my keystrokes to the point of aimlessly wandering
back and forth ignoring any new input, until it's
wandering dance is exhausted.....

recompiling loads of stuff, as we speed to see if
it fixes the problem. Anyone got any hints on this?
bugs.gentoo.org did not reveal any pearls of wisdom
that I could find....

ideas?
James

Old 08-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Adam Carter

Ever since my upgrade to kde-4.4.5 my seamonkey windows

sporadically go black, when I move the mouse away from

them. Both the Web browser and the mail client do this

sporadically. Headers, toolbars and where the text appears

all sporadically get into the act. *Even just the "subject

window of this message is affected. Today, the color is solid gray.

The maligned behavior *always returns upon exiting *kde or even rebooting the

system.

Also the scroll bar seems extraordinarily slow and often

buffers up my keystrokes to the point of aimlessly wandering

back and forth ignoring any new input, until it's

wandering dance is exhausted.....

recompiling loads of stuff, as we speed to see if

it fixes the problem. Anyone got any hints on this?

bugs.gentoo.org did not reveal any pearls of wisdom

that I could find....

Interesting - sounds similar to what i get - see my thread "Some corruption after gnome 2.30". I rebuilt world and still have the problem. So perhaps.there is something lower level than gnome/kde that causes this issue.