FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-07-2010, 05:04 AM
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

Hi,

is there any application known, which is able to "download" the
complete EPG data in one go from all channels which my dvb-t card is offering?

Thank you very much for any help in advance!
Best regards,
mcc
 
Old 08-07-2010, 08:07 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 07:04:19 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> is there any application known, which is able to "download" the
> complete EPG data in one go from all channels which my dvb-t card is
> offering?

Did you look in portage?

% eix epg
...
* media-tv/nxtvepg
Available versions: 2.7.5 2.8.0 2.8.1 {X unicode}
Homepage: http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/
Description: receive and browse free TV programme listings
via bttv for tv networks in Europe


--
Neil Bothwick

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
 
Old 08-07-2010, 09:14 AM
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

Yes ... nothing found...may be in the lack of the correct spelling
or wrong keywords (no native english speaker

Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> [10-08-07 11:04]:
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 07:04:19 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > is there any application known, which is able to "download" the
> > complete EPG data in one go from all channels which my dvb-t card is
> > offering?
>
> Did you look in portage?
>
> % eix epg
> ...
> * media-tv/nxtvepg
> Available versions: 2.7.5 2.8.0 2.8.1 {X unicode}
> Homepage: http://nxtvepg.sourceforge.net/
> Description: receive and browse free TV programme listings
> via bttv for tv networks in Europe
>
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.
 
Old 08-07-2010, 11:28 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:14:51 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> Yes ... nothing found...may be in the lack of the correct spelling
> or wrong keywords (no native english speaker

As you could see, I simply searched for epg.


--
Neil Bothwick

Nobody's perfect and since I'm nobody...!
 
Old 08-07-2010, 12:20 PM
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

Yes, same what I did.

I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
a textfile with a program guide.
And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
streams.

And finally pinepg is also not able to generate a program guide
since it encrypts mail.

--
mcc




Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> [10-08-07 14:08]:
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 11:14:51 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>
> > Yes ... nothing found...may be in the lack of the correct spelling
> > or wrong keywords (no native english speaker
>
> As you could see, I simply searched for epg.
>
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> Nobody's perfect and since I'm nobody...!
 
Old 08-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:20:41 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:

> I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
> a textfile with a program guide.

That's why I didn't post the vdr results.

> And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
> as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
> as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
> streams.

Look at the web site, it mentions using it with DVB-T cards.


--
Neil Bothwick

furbling, v.:
Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
even when you are the only person in line.
-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"
 
Old 08-07-2010, 05:57 PM
Petri Rosenström
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

Hi,

I had this problem a while ago with one computer. I think I solved it
with dvbscan program. I think it can be found in
media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-apps ebuild. If you need support for using the
software a referense might be
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dvbscan .

Best regards
Petri Rosenström



On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:20:41 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
>
>> I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
>> a textfile with a program guide.
>
> That's why I didn't post the vdr results.
>
>> And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
>> as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
>> as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
>> streams.
>
> Look at the web site, it mentions using it with DVB-T cards.
>
>
> --
> Neil Bothwick
>
> furbling, v.:
> * * * *Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
> * * * *even when you are the only person in line.
> * * * * * * * *-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"
>
 
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Matthias Schwarzott
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

On Samstag, 7. August 2010, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:20:41 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> > I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
> > a textfile with a program guide.
>
> That's why I didn't post the vdr results.
>
> > And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
> > as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
> > as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
> > streams.
>
> Look at the web site, it mentions using it with DVB-T cards.

Yes, and if you read this chapter, it states:

--- snip ---
Digital TV transmission (DVB)
DVB natively supports an EPG which is completely unrelated to Nextview EPG. A
major difference between those two is that DVB EPG is provided by the
respective networks themselves and covers at most several related networks
(i.e. channels in the same bouquet), while Nextview EPG is provided network
independently and usually covers all national networks in a country.
--- snip ---

So no, nxtvepg does not support the normal EPG of DVB-?.

To just gather the epg I still think the easiest way is to install plain vdr
and vdr-dummydevice as dummy output device, add a matching channels.conf.

Then run it, trigger a epg scan and after some time stop vdr.

Regards
Matthias
 
Old 08-07-2010, 06:30 PM
 
Default OT: EPG (dvb-t) download application?

HI Petri,

as far as I understand the linked page, dvbscan is used for
creating a frequency/channel list...the famous channels.conf-file.
I need the EPG data -- the Electronic Program Guide.

In the meanwhile I found tvheadend, which seems to do, what
I want and some additional extras and goodies.

Thanks for helping me!

Best regards,
mcc

Petri Rosenstr??m <petri.rosenstrom@gmail.com> [10-08-07 20:04]:
> Hi,
>
> I had this problem a while ago with one computer. I think I solved it
> with dvbscan program. I think it can be found in
> media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-apps ebuild. If you need support for using the
> software a referense might be
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Dvbscan .
>
> Best regards
> Petri Rosenström
>
>
>
> On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:20:41 +0200, meino.cramer@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> >> I dont want to install vdr just for the reason to generate
> >> a textfile with a program guide.
> >
> > That's why I didn't post the vdr results.
> >
> >> And in my initial posting I mentioned, that I use a dvb-t card
> >> as source, therefore nxtvepg is not useable for this purpose
> >> as far as I think, since it uses bttv and network based tv
> >> streams.
> >
> > Look at the web site, it mentions using it with DVB-T cards.
> >
> >
> > --
> > Neil Bothwick
> >
> > furbling, v.:
> > * * * *Having to wander through a maze of ropes at an airport or bank
> > * * * *even when you are the only person in line.
> > * * * * * * * *-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"
> >
>
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org