Old 08-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Adam Carter

Default Some corruption after gnome 2.30

I'm running amd64 and am getting some screen corruption, which i believe coincided with the last gnome update. For example in firefox the address bar or bookmarks toolbar buttons can go black then come good again and i can get black bands when i scroll. revdep-rebuild hasnt helped. What should i try next?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Florian Philipp

Am 06.08.2010 12:00, schrieb Adam Carter:
> I'm running amd64 and am getting some screen corruption, which i believe
> coincided with the last gnome update. For example in firefox the address
> bar or bookmarks toolbar buttons can go black then come good again and i
> can get black bands when i scroll. revdep-rebuild hasnt helped. What
> should i try next?

Hmm, maybe a GTK+ issue. I would try to re-emerge gtk+, xulrunner and
then firefox. If that doesn't help, try other X-Server versions.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Adam Zajac

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Florian Philipp <lists@f_philipp.fastmail.net> wrote:

Am 06.08.2010 12:00, schrieb Adam Carter:

> I'm running amd64 and am getting some screen corruption, which i believe

> coincided with the last gnome update.[snip]

Hmm, maybe a GTK+ issue. I would try to re-emerge gtk+, xulrunner and

then firefox. If that doesn't help, try other X-Server versions.
*I am also running amd64 and experienced gtk+ issues after the recent gnome update. *In my case gtk icon sets were not working as specified in ~/.gtkrc-2.0, regardless what I set*gtk-icon-theme-name to. *For example, thunar refused to display any icons other than its fallback set. *Oddly enough, this only happened on my desktop and not on my laptop, which has an almost identical setup.

revdep-rebuild reported no issues, and re-emerging gtk+, thunar, and*gnome-icon-theme had no effect. *Last night I went with the nuclear option (emerge -eav --keep-going world), and it solved the problem.

Old 08-07-2010, 03:54 AM
William Kenworthy

I am seeing it in gnome-terminal - corrupted and sometimes leftover buts
of text. As well, when clicking the mouse will see a (usually) black
bock appear at the cursor - sometimes stays for a second or two.

3 systems, all x86 and started with gnome 2.30

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!

Old 08-08-2010, 03:35 AM
Adam Carter

revdep-rebuild reported no issues, and re-emerging gtk+, thunar, and*gnome-icon-theme had no effect. *Last night I went with the nuclear option (emerge -eav --keep-going world), and it solved the problem.

I just tried emerge -e --keep-going gnome and it hasn't helped, so I guess i'll try going nuclear...

Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Adam Carter