Old 08-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Bill Kenworthy

Default laptop-mode

With recent update to laptop-mode I decided to rework the power saving
on my sony vaio. Mostly ok, but it seems laptop-mode is exclusively
"grabbing" acpi events somehow. I have modded /etc/acpi/default.conf to
trap the function keys for screen brightness and then control the LCD.

However laptop-mode seems to have taken over and default.conf is no
longer processed by acpid on an event, or events are not getting there.

How can I either get acpid to process events through the normal files,
or some other method to allow manual control of screen brightness and
still keep acpi access for laptop-mode?

BillK