-   -   bashcomp cannot work well with rsync (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/408475-bashcomp-cannot-work-well-rsync.html)

Xi Shen 08-04-2010 12:20 PM

bashcomp cannot work well with rsync

hi,

after i enabled bash completion for rsync, i got this error when type
TAB to auto complete the file name

bash: _known_hosts_real: command not found

it used to work very well. do i missed something?

P.S. my system is gentoo amd64, 2.6.32-openvz-budarin.1 #2 SMP;
rsync-3.0.7; gentoo-bashcomp-20100613

--
Best Regards,
Xi Shen (David)

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

Alex Schuster 08-04-2010 12:27 PM

Xi Shen writes:

> after i enabled bash completion for rsync, i got this error when type
> TAB to auto complete the file name
>
> bash: _known_hosts_real: command not found
>

> it used to work very well. do i missed something?

Maybe googling :) Does this help? http://bugs.gentoo.org/301632

Wonko

Xi Shen 08-04-2010 01:03 PM

bashcomp cannot work well with rsync

i always start a new session after i enable/disable an bash completion
plug-in. it looks like the same issue, but the resolution does not
work for me.

actually, the bashcomp issue only occurs when using rsync. other auto
completion works fine.