Old 08-03-2010, 10:42 PM
"Kevin O'Gorman"

Default Progress made, not done yet All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:23 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
*

However, my configs contain a few ScriptAlias directories, which are full of python programs.* They are not being executed, but
served up in source code form, even though they have an initial shebang and remain executable by all.* So there must be some new thing to do besides defining a ScriptAlias directory.* Anybody know what it is?

I see the same rules wherever I search, so I'm mystified.* So here's the essential bit of the config, without even erasing the
evidence that I was never able to get mod_python to work.* I've tried all combinations of with/without slashes at the end of

directory names.* The usual starting point to see this stuff is http://hex.kosmanor.com/hex-bin/board, which is likely to show
you some python code as things stand.

*
ScriptAlias /hex-bin/ /hex/bin/
<Directory /hex/bin/>
*** Options FollowSymLinks
#*** AddHandler mod_python .py
#*** PythonHandler hexscript
#*** PythonDebug On
*** Order allow,deny

*** Allow from all
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /my-bin/* /hex/hexTest/
<Directory /hex/hexTest/>
*** AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/kosmanor/passwords
*** AuthGroupFile /dev/null
*** AuthName "OHex Advanced"

*** AuthType Basic
*** Require valid-user