-   -   Progress made, not done yet All of a sudden, no apache2. No clue why. (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/408247-progress-made-not-done-yet-all-sudden-no-apache2-no-clue-why.html)

"Kevin O'Gorman" 08-03-2010 10:23 PM

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Kyle Bader <kyle.bader@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > ** Starting apache2 ...

>> > (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address

>> > 64.166.164.49:80

>> > no listening sockets available, shutting down

>> > Unable to open

>> > logs********************************************** ******************** [

Strace will probably reveal which log file can't be opened, something

like this will probably do the trick:

strace /path/to/apache2 -D <module list> -d /path/to/apache2dir

It took some bash tracing to fill out that* command,* but once that was done, it was obvious that the server was doing exactly what

had been suggested above: trying to listen (bind(2) call) on 0.0.0.0:80 as well as my.host:80.

I had not touched my configs in ages, so I guess some default snuck in there somehow; I suspect something to do with virtual hosts (which I do not need), but it was easy to find and fix.* Now it comes up and serves my pages.

However, my configs contain a few ScriptAlias directories, which are full of python programs.* They are not being executed, but
served up in source code form, even though they have an initial shebang and remain executable by all.* So there must be some new thing to do besides defining a ScriptAlias directory.* Anybody know what it is?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD