-   -   KDE Right Control key sending Ctrl and then linefeed in terminal/xterm (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/407267-kde-right-control-key-sending-ctrl-then-linefeed-terminal-xterm.html)

Bill Longman 08-02-2010 04:18 AM

KDE Right Control key sending Ctrl and then linefeed in terminal/xterm

Does anyone else suffer this ailment?

In KDE, my right ctrl key is sending ctrl AND THEN a linefeed. It is REALLY annoying.

It's a PS/2 Dell keyboard and I use a Dell USB mouse. This doesn't happen at the console.

bill$ xmodmap
xmodmap:* up to 4 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):

shift****** Shift_L (0x32),* Shift_R (0x3e)
lock******* Caps_Lock (0x42)
control**** Control_L (0x25),* Control_R (0x69)

mod1******* Alt_L (0x40),* Alt_R (0x6c),* Meta_L (0xcd)
mod2******* Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3*****
mod4******* Super_L (0x85),* Super_R (0x86),* Super_L (0xce),* Hyper_L (0xcf)
mod5******* ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c),* Mode_switch (0xcb)

My /etc/conf.d/keymaps just has
KEYMAP="us"
SET_WINDOWKEYS="yes"

and that's it. My keyboard layout is for a generic 104-key keyboard. I use a USA layout and a Greece polytonic layout which yields this in the KDE keyboard layout screen:

setxkbmap -model pc104 -layout us,gr -variant ,polytonic

Also, it doesn't repeat.

Wow, it gets even more weird. I just ran "startkde" from xinit and with EVERY keystroke I see "kglobalaccel" spewing out EVERY

*"GlobalShortcutsRegistry::registerKey: Registering key "blah blah blah" for "KDEappgoeshere" : "Shortcut name"

and then unregistering the whole set again. I can kill kglobalaccel and it stops the printout, but I still get the weird linefeed when I use the right control key in a terminal.

--
Bill Longman

James 08-02-2010 03:05 PM

Bill Longman <bill.longman <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone else suffer this ailment?In KDE, my right ctrl key is sending ctrl
AND THEN a linefeed. It is REALLY annoying.It's a PS/2 Dell keyboard and I use a
Dell USB mouse. This doesn't happen at the console.bill$ xmodmapxmodmap:* up to
4 keys per modifier, (keycodes in parentheses):shift****** Shift_L (0x32),*
Shift_R (0x3e)lock******* Caps_Lock (0x42)control**** Control_L (0x25),*
Control_R (0x69)

Here's mine:

shift Shift_L (0x32), Shift_R (0x3e)
lock Caps_Lock (0x42)
control Control_L (0x25), Control_R (0x69)
mod1 Alt_L (0x40), Alt_R (0x6c), Meta_L (0xcd)
mod2 Num_Lock (0x4d)
mod3
mod4 Super_L (0x85), Super_R (0x86), Super_L (0xce), Hyper_L (0xcf)
mod5 ISO_Level3_Shift (0x5c), Mode_switch (0xcb)

I'm not sure what to make of it....just off of a fresh update.

hth,
James