Old 07-31-2010, 02:29 AM
Michael M

Default pecl-cairo ~x86 overlay?

Hello list, I need to install Cairo bindings for dev-lang/php-5*. *Is there a pecl-cairo overlay for ~x86? *I've tried unmasking this package and adding the keyword ~amd64 and it seems to want to install with emerge but my system is ~x86.

According to this site it is only ~amd64, but I cannot understand why.* http://gpo.zugaina.org/dev-php5/pecl-cairo

Thanks for any help.
--
Hope is more than just a postponed disappointment ~ Epica

Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Alex Schuster

Michael M writes:

> Hello list, I need to install Cairo bindings for dev-lang/php-5*. Is
> there a pecl-cairo overlay for ~x86? I've tried unmasking this
> package and adding the keyword ~amd64 and it seems to want to install
> with emerge but my system is ~x86.
>
> According to this site it is only ~amd64, but I cannot understand why.
> http://gpo.zugaina.org/dev-php5/pecl-cairo

As Sam pointed out, maybe it's working, but but just not tested on other
architectures. To try without modifying the ebuild, you could put the
package into /etc/portage/package.keywords, followed by a ~*. From the
portage man page:

Note:
In addition to the normal values from ACCEPT_KEYWORDS package.keywords
supports three special tokens:

* package is visible if it is stable on any architecture
~* package is visible if it is in testing on any architecture
** package is always visible (KEYWORDS are ignored completely)

Wonko

Old 08-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Michael M

Thank you for the help, I will give it a go.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:29:08 +0800, sam new wrote:

> I just think that maybe in Ebuild the keyword is ~amd64 what the ebuild
> maintainer** do , it means that the maintainer just tested in arch
> amd64 not x86. if you want to install in x86,you can modify ebuild and
> add ~x86´╝îmaybe it works ,that is my opinion.

You don't need to modify the ebuild, just add a line
to /etc/portage/package.kjeywords

dev-php5/pecl-cairo ~amd64

--
Neil Bothwick

The cow is nothing but a machine which makes grass fit for us people to
eat.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Michael M

Michael M writes:

> Hello list, I need to install Cairo bindings for dev-lang/php-5*. *Is

> there a pecl-cairo overlay for ~x86? *I've tried unmasking this

> package and adding the keyword ~amd64 and it seems to want to install

> with emerge but my system is ~x86.

> According to this site it is only ~amd64, but I cannot understand why.

> http://gpo.zugaina.org/dev-php5/pecl-cairo

As Sam pointed out, maybe it's working, but but just not tested on other

architectures. To try without modifying the ebuild, you could put the

package into /etc/portage/package.keywords, followed by a ~*. From the

portage man page:

*Note:

*In addition to the normal values from ACCEPT_KEYWORDS *package.keywords

*supports three special tokens:

** *package is visible if it is stable on any architecture

*~* package is visible if it is in testing on any architecture

*** package is always visible (KEYWORDS are ignored completely)

* * * *Wonko

~* worked fine.* Thanks again.