Old 07-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Tomas Krasnican

Default mysql use flag witout server, using only client libaries

Hi list,

I'm sorry for my bad english..

I would like to emerge some packages using mysql use flag (and mysql flag features, for example. php, dovecot, postfix, ...), but without mysql database server (applications will connecting to the mysql database on the another (remote) server). Problem is, when I set the mysql use flag at some package, and I try to emerge that, mysql database is in the dependencies list.

I want to emerge that without mysql database server, using mysql client libraries only. How can I define that?

Thanks,
Regards,
Tomas Krasnican