Old 07-26-2010, 04:16 PM
Valmor de Almeida

Default failed

Hello,

The test code below for writing an image to a file crashes octave. Would
anyone be able to help? I am using octave-3.2.4-r1 and graphicsmagick-1.3.12

Thanks,

--
Valmor

file test.m
---------------------------
#! /usr/bin/octave -qf

im = ones(2,2);
im(2,1) = 0.5;
im(1,2) = 0.5;

imwrite(im,"image.png");
--------------------------

-> ./test.m
octave: magick/semaphore.c:525: LockSemaphoreInfo: Assertion
`semaphore_info != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)0)' failed.
panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete
Aborted

Old 07-28-2010, 07:43 PM
pk

On 2010-07-26 18:16, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

> -> ./test.m
> octave: magick/semaphore.c:525: LockSemaphoreInfo: Assertion
> `semaphore_info != (SemaphoreInfo *) ((void *)0)' failed.
> panic: Aborted -- stopping myself...
> attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
> save to `octave-core' complete
> Aborted

Hi,

I tested your code (and variations of it) and I get the same result
as you. Googling seems to indicate that lots of other people are having
similar problems with imwrite/imread function. The functions are not
part of the octave package but is an add-on. However, from what I can
see it may be a problem in the way octave make the graphicsmagick
write-call (of course there may be a problem with graphicksmagick itself
as well). Don't know enough to be of more help... Sorry!

Best regards

Peter K

Old 07-29-2010, 04:49 AM
Valmor de Almeida

pk wrote:
[snip]
> Hi,
>
> I tested your code (and variations of it) and I get the same result
> as you. Googling seems to indicate that lots of other people are having
> similar problems with imwrite/imread function. The functions are not
> part of the octave package but is an add-on. However, from what I can
> see it may be a problem in the way octave make the graphicsmagick
> write-call (of course there may be a problem with graphicksmagick itself
> as well). Don't know enough to be of more help... Sorry!
>
> Best regards
>
> Peter K

Thanks for the feedback. I posted the same question on the octave users
list but no answers.

Valmor

Old 07-29-2010, 10:19 AM
pk

On 2010-07-29 06:49, Valmor de Almeida wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback. I posted the same question on the octave users
> list but no answers.

Maybe vacation time so most users are offline? I'm on vacation but still
online... :-)

If you know C you could check out the semaphore.c file to see what it
looks like and how whatever function is used should be called... maybe
it can give you some clue?

Best regards

Peter K