Old 07-26-2010, 02:39 AM
»Q«

Default cursor problem with compositing, KDE, nVidia

I've googled a little, but searching for problems with KDE and nVidia
still turns up so many horrors from the KDE 4.0 days that I can't find
my current problem in the haystack.

After updating to KDE 4.4.4, my cursor disappeared. Occasionally, I'd
see it briefly, but mostly it was invisible. I turned off compositing,
and everything is ok.

But I am spoiled by some of the compositing features, esp. the quick
ways to see all open windows, so I want it back.

Complete solutions are of course welcome but I'd be very happy with
any pointers about what settings to consider for xorg (1.7.6) or
nvidia-drivers (195.36.24) or KDE.

(I may be slow to respond, very busy this week.)

--
»Q«
Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.