FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 07-24-2010, 10:10 AM
William Kenworthy
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

I am getting a "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7
and 1.9.2.7.

Firefox 3.6.7 and xulrunner 1.9.2.7

In the past, the fix was to recompile one or both a second time -
unfortunately I now have two broken (probably soon to be 3 - havent
tested yet systems where this is not working.

Help!

BillK




--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!
 
Old 07-24-2010, 11:30 AM
Kacper Kopczyński
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

Dnia sobota 24 lipca 2010 o 12:10:52 William Kenworthy napisał(a):
> I am getting a "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7
> and 1.9.2.7.
>
> Firefox 3.6.7 and xulrunner 1.9.2.7
>
> In the past, the fix was to recompile one or both a second time -
> unfortunately I now have two broken (probably soon to be 3 - havent
> tested yet systems where this is not working.
>
> Help!
>
> BillK

Have you tried running:
xulrunner-1.9.2 --register-global
as a root?

--
Kacper Kopczyński
 
Old 07-24-2010, 11:42 AM
William Kenworthy
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 13:30 +0200, Kacper Kopczyński wrote:
> Dnia sobota 24 lipca 2010 o 12:10:52 William Kenworthy napisał(a):
> > I am getting a "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7
> > and 1.9.2.7.
> >
> > Firefox 3.6.7 and xulrunner 1.9.2.7
> >
> > In the past, the fix was to recompile one or both a second time -
> > unfortunately I now have two broken (probably soon to be 3 - havent
> > tested yet systems where this is not working.
> >
> > Help!
> >
> > BillK
>
> Have you tried running:
> xulrunner-1.9.2 --register-global
> as a root?
>
> --
> Kacper Kopczyński
>
I
t gives 'Error: could not create '@GENTOO_PORTAGE_EPREFIX@/etc/gre.d'.

The file /etc/gre.d/1.9.2.7.system.conf contains:

[1.9.2.7]
GRE_PATH=/usr/lib/xulrunner-1.9.2
xulrunner=true
abi=x86-gcc3



(the above was manually copied/typed here)


BillK
 
Old 07-24-2010, 12:09 PM
netfab
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

Le Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:10:52 +0800,
William Kenworthy a crit :
> Help!
>

Just re-sync and re-emerge xulrunner and firefox.
See bugs #329563 and #329529.
 
Old 07-24-2010, 12:37 PM
William Kenworthy
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 14:09 +0200, netfab wrote:
> Le Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:10:52 +0800,
> William Kenworthy a crit :
> > Help!
> >
>
> Just re-sync and re-emerge xulrunner and firefox.
> See bugs #329563 and #329529.
>
Thanks, doing so now. As luck would have it Ive been working on this
since yesterday and the bugs were posted after I had checked bugzilla

BillK
 
Old 07-24-2010, 01:30 PM
Nikos Chantziaras
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

On 07/24/2010 03:37 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 14:09 +0200, netfab wrote:

Le Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:10:52 +0800,
William Kenworthy a crit :

Help!



Just re-sync and re-emerge xulrunner and firefox.
See bugs #329563 and #329529.


Thanks, doing so now. As luck would have it Ive been working on this
since yesterday and the bugs were posted after I had checked bugzilla


As luck would have it, you'll have to rebuild again since Firefox 3.6.8
/ Xulrunner 1.9.2.8 are now in portage ;-)
 
Old 07-24-2010, 01:38 PM
William Kenworthy
 
Default firefox/xulrunner fails on "Could not find compatible GRE between version 1.9.2.7 and 1.9.2.7.

On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 16:30 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> On 07/24/2010 03:37 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:
> > On Sat, 2010-07-24 at 14:09 +0200, netfab wrote:
> >> Le Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:10:52 +0800,
> >> William Kenworthy a crit :
> >>> Help!
> >>>
> >>
> >> Just re-sync and re-emerge xulrunner and firefox.
> >> See bugs #329563 and #329529.
> >>
> > Thanks, doing so now. As luck would have it Ive been working on this
> > since yesterday and the bugs were posted after I had checked bugzilla
>
> As luck would have it, you'll have to rebuild again since Firefox 3.6.8
> / Xulrunner 1.9.2.8 are now in portage ;-)
>
>

Heh, thats life!

and yes, just finished updating to xulrunner-1.9.2.7-r1 and recompiled
firefox ... and its back!

Now to do it all again ... on second thoughts sleep first

BillK
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:14 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org