-   -   Sync'ing with Windows CE (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/403186-syncing-windows-ce.html)

dhk 07-23-2010 12:37 PM

Sync'ing with Windows CE

I'm on an ~amd64 platform and I have a Windows CE device connected
through a serial port that I need to upload to and download from.

What kind of programs are available for sync'ing with a Windows CE
device? Which ones work the best? How can I connect and browse the
device through a terminal on my Gentoo box?

I see in the app-pda (emerge --search @app-pda) there are quite a few
options, but they're all masked.

Thanks in advance.

--dhk

Mick 07-24-2010 04:46 PM

Sync'ing with Windows CE

On Friday 23 July 2010 13:37:54 dhk wrote:
> I'm on an ~amd64 platform and I have a Windows CE device connected
> through a serial port that I need to upload to and download from.
>
> What kind of programs are available for sync'ing with a Windows CE
> device? Which ones work the best? How can I connect and browse the
> device through a terminal on my Gentoo box?
>
> I see in the app-pda (emerge --search @app-pda) there are quite a few
> options, but they're all masked.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --dhk

I can't really help, because I no longer have the WindowsCE phone or the KDE
applications that I used to communicate with it. I recall it needed librapi
libsynce synce-dccm synce-multisync-plugin synce-serial amidst other KDE front
ends. It did work (sort of) but it would not sync with Kontact.

Irrespective of a KDE front end which I don't know if it is available in
KDE-4.4 you may be able to do things via a console.

Hopefully someone who's still using such a phone will be able to offer better
and more up to date advice.
Mick

Stéphane Guedon 08-12-2010 06:00 PM

Sync'ing with Windows CE

Le Saturday 24 July 2010 18:46:10, Mick a écrit :

> On Friday 23 July 2010 13:37:54 dhk wrote:

> > I'm on an ~amd64 platform and I have a Windows CE device connected

> > through a serial port that I need to upload to and download from.

> > What kind of programs are available for sync'ing with a Windows CE

> > device? Which ones work the best? How can I connect and browse the

> > device through a terminal on my Gentoo box?

> > I see in the app-pda (emerge --search @app-pda) there are quite a few

> > options, but they're all masked.

> > Thanks in advance.

> > --dhk

> I can't really help, because I no longer have the WindowsCE phone or the

> KDE applications that I used to communicate with it. I recall it needed

> librapi libsynce synce-dccm synce-multisync-plugin synce-serial amidst

> other KDE front ends. It did work (sort of) but it would not sync with

> Kontact.

> Irrespective of a KDE front end which I don't know if it is available in

> KDE-4.4 you may be able to do things via a console.

> Hopefully someone who's still using such a phone will be able to offer

> better and more up to date advice.

there's a howto on gentoo forum :

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-758780-highlight-synce.html

For my own, I can't setup plugins using the python script, it stop on libxslt. What is yours ?

Can you emerge libopensync or does it fail ?

--

Stéphane Guedon

page web : http://www.22decembre.eu/

carte de visite : http://www.22decembre.eu/downloads/Stephane-Guedon.vcf