Old 07-22-2010, 09:09 PM
James

Default seamonkey email snafu

Hello,

Well, I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2 for email. It's first
curve ball for me is this error.

When I reply to a message in my inbox, it puts this at the
beginning in the message body....

"chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:"

So where do I start hacking and slicing to get rid of the
nuisance verbiage that is in every reply message I send?

James

Old 07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Dale

James wrote:

Hello,

Well, I just upgraded to Seamonkey 2 for email. It's first
curve ball for me is this error.

When I reply to a message in my inbox, it puts this at the
beginning in the message body....

"chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:"

So where do I start hacking and slicing to get rid of the
nuisance verbiage that is in every reply message I send?

James

I think that is in about:config. I think if you type in "reply" in the
search field, you will be able to see the setting. If needed, I can
email you a screen shot of mine for you to compare, off list of course.

The same thing happened to me. There is some other weird things I
noticed too. I rebuilt my profile from scratch to fix mine.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-22-2010, 10:27 PM
James

Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I think that is in about:config. I think if you type in "reply" in the
> search field, you will be able to see the setting. If needed, I can
> email you a screen shot of mine for you to compare, off list of course.

This worked
thanks...

> The same thing happened to me. There is some other weird things I
> noticed too. I rebuilt my profile from scratch to fix mine.

OK,
drop me some private email and send a path to the config(profile)
file which you speak. It's been years since I've had to hack at
seamonkey and much (most) has been forgotten....

Any other issues or complaints about SM mail are welcome too.

tia,
James

Old 07-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Dale

James wrote:

Dale<rdalek1967<at> gmail.com> writes:

I think that is in about:config. I think if you type in "reply" in the
search field, you will be able to see the setting. If needed, I can
email you a screen shot of mine for you to compare, off list of course.

This worked
thanks...

The same thing happened to me. There is some other weird things I
noticed too. I rebuilt my profile from scratch to fix mine.

OK,
drop me some private email and send a path to the config(profile)
file which you speak. It's been years since I've had to hack at
seamonkey and much (most) has been forgotten....

Any other issues or complaints about SM mail are welcome too.

tia,
James

Sent the screenshot offlist. Should get it soon. If not, check the
spam bucket. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-23-2010, 01:56 AM
James

Dale <rdalek1967 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Sent the screenshot offlist. Should get it soon. If not, check the
> spam bucket.

Got it.

thx,
James