Old 07-21-2010, 07:14 PM
Blackdream W

Default I don't understand Perl. What do I do after an update?

perl-cleaner --all

2010/7/22 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de>

On 07/21/2010 08:34 PM, Willie Wong wrote:

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 08:04:54PM +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

Portage recently updated Perl from 5.10.1 to 5.12.1 (and later -r1).

However, a crapload of files still remain in

/usr/lib/perl5/{site_perl,vendor_perl}/5.10.1. *I found out the hard way

after trying to emerge openoffice (and everyone knows how painful that

one is):

What is the user required to do after updating Perl? *elogv doesn't tell

me anything about upgrading.

There's this neat little script called perl-cleaner

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/perl/perl-cleaner.xml

Thanks. *How do I call the script? *I don't have any idea what perl modules or ph files are (or why I need them). *What do I need to do?