Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Andrey Vul

Default xkb definitions

Are there guides on making custom xkb layout(s)? I want to use a
custom phonetic Russian layout without requiring a UTF-8 keyboard
tr/iconv equivalent (echo qwerty | kbtr -f qwerty -t yazherty)

--
Andrey Vul
begin-base64 600 sig

Old 07-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Mick

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:55:37 -0400
Andrey Vul <andrey.vul@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there guides on making custom xkb layout(s)? I want to use a
> custom phonetic Russian layout without requiring a UTF-8 keyboard
> tr/iconv equivalent (echo qwerty | kbtr -f qwerty -t yazherty)
>
> --
> Andrey Vul
> begin-base64 600 sig
> bXNuLCBob21lOiBhbmRyZXkudnVsQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ0KdSBvZi B0OiBhbmRyZXkudnVsQHV0b3Jv
> bnRvLmNhDQpzbXMsIHZvaWNlbWFpbDogNDE2MzAzOTkyMw0K
> `
> end

There were quite a lot of X11 libs affected by a recent emerge on my system
and there were almost 68 config files that required installing/updating. A
number of them dealt with the very subject you are enquiring here.

Sorry I can't be more specific - if you look at the files you emerged
in the last week (on a stable system) you will hopefully find the config files
I refer to here. Otherwise, give me a shout and will look deeper into it.

Mick