Old 07-14-2010, 07:44 PM
James

Default gentoo (diet) && Ceph ?

Googling sometimes produces hilarious results.

Seriously, I'm looking for any information/brave
hack on using CEPH fs with Gentoo....

Just for kicks:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/ylxq12m04vbwag0a/

James

Old 07-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Kyle Bader

> Googling sometimes produces hilarious results.
>
> Seriously, I'm looking for any *information/brave
> hack on using CEPH fs with Gentoo....

The two main things you'll have to do is build a kernel with ceph
support and then create an ebuild for ceph's userland utilities and
put it in your own overlay. If you have any ceph specific questions
on implementation or bugs then your best bet is either the ceph
mailing list or their IRC channel. I can take a stab at questions but
Sage, Yehuda or Greg will be able to more thoroughly/accurately answer
them.

--

Kyle

Old 07-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Kyle Bader

>> Googling sometimes produces hilarious results.
>>
>> Seriously, I'm looking for any *information/brave
>> hack on using CEPH fs with Gentoo....
>
> The two main things you'll have to do is build a kernel with ceph
> support and then create an ebuild for ceph's userland utilities and
> put it in your own overlay. *If you have any ceph specific questions
> on implementation or bugs then your best bet is either the ceph
> mailing list or their IRC channel. *I can take a stab at questions but
> Sage, Yehuda or Greg will be able to more thoroughly/accurately answer
> them.

Not sure how up to date it is as I haven't tested it myself but it
might make your life easier:

http://gpo.zugaina.org/sys-cluster/ceph/USE

Kyle