Old 07-13-2010, 06:31 PM
Dale

Default xorg-server 1.7.6 without mouse and keyboard (solved)

Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

On 07/13/2010 08:01 PM, Tamer Higazi wrote:

Hi Mark!
you were entirely right, the problem were the input drivers.

There three packages I remerged:

xf86-input-mouse
xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-evdev

and the problem was gone.

Portage tells you to do exactly that after updating xorg-server. It
might be a good idea to check the messages so that you can read
whether you are required to do something after emerging/updating
something. You can use elogv (pp-portage/elogv) for that.

And if you have a GUI installed, elogviewer is pretty nice too. I have
both, just in case the GUI don't start. ;-) It happens.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
Rod