Old 07-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Tamer Higazi

Default xorg-server 1.7.6 without mouse and keyboard (solved)

Hi Mark!
you were entirely right, the problem were the input drivers.

There three packages I remerged:

xf86-input-mouse
xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-evdev

and the problem was gone.

Tamer

Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Nikos Chantziaras

On 07/13/2010 08:14 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 10:01 AM, Tamer Higazi<th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:

Hi Mark!
you were entirely right, the problem were the input drivers.

There three packages I remerged:

xf86-input-mouse
xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-evdev

and the problem was gone.

Tamer

Glad it worked. Investigate modules-rebuild as it keeps track of these
things and does it for you pretty easily. Here's what's in my list:

c2stable ~ # module-rebuild list
** Packages which I will emerge are:
=x11-base/xorg-drivers-1.7
=x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.3.2
=x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.13.0
=x11-drivers/xf86-video-fbdev-0.4.2
=x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-1.4.0
=x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.5.0
=x11-drivers/xf86-video-vmware-11.0.1
=media-libs/mesa-7.8.1

All of the above are not kernel modules. Kernel updates don't affect
them, only xorg-server updates do.

=app-emulation/vmware-modules-1.0.0.26

Only this is affected by kernel updates.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Nikos Chantziaras