Old 07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Tamer Higazi

Default xorg-server 1.7.6 without mouse and keyboard

Hi people!
After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I
regenrated the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown
proparly with everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.

How do I get the mouse and keyboard to run. I followed the steps from
the official gentoo xorg guide, and nothing changed.

Any ideas?!

for any I help I would kindly thank you.

Tamer Higazi

Old 07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Mark Knecht

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM, Tamer Higazi <th982a@googlemail.com> wrote:
> *Hi people!
> After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I regenrated
> the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown proparly with
> everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.
>
> How do I get the mouse and keyboard to run. I followed the steps from the
> official gentoo xorg guide, and nothing changed.
>
> Any ideas?!
>

> for any I help I would kindly thank you.
>

> Tamer Higazi

What's in /var/log/Xorg.0.log?

For me this problem is typical caused by 1 of 2 things:

1) I've upgraded the kernel (in you case maybe xorg) and I've
forgotten to rebuild mouse & keyboard

2) Something has changed WRT hal.

Either way it's always been resolved using modules-rebuild -X rebuiild
which rebuilds (for me) a list of 9 packages. You could test the
theory by rebuilding (at a minimum)

xorg-drivers
xf86-input-mouse
xf86-input-keyboard
xf86-input-evdev

Hope this helps,
Mark

Old 07-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Willie Wong

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 05:57:14PM +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:
> After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I
> regenrated the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown
> proparly with everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.
>
> How do I get the mouse and keyboard to run. I followed the steps from
> the official gentoo xorg guide, and nothing changed.
>
> Any ideas?!

(1) Please post your xorg.conf
(2) Please show the output of emerge -pv xorg-server

Cheers,
Willie W. Wong wwong@math.princeton.edu
et vice versa ~~~ I. Newton

Old 07-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Hung Dang

After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I
regenrated the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown
proparly with everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.

How do I get the mouse and keyboard to run. I followed the steps from
the official gentoo xorg guide, and nothing changed.

Any ideas?!

(1) Please post your xorg.conf
(2) Please show the output of emerge -pv xorg-server

Cheers,

You may need to rebuild the x11-drivers (emerge
`qlist -I -C x11-drivers/`).

Hung

Old 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 17:57:14 +0200, Tamer Higazi wrote:

> After upgrading my system, xorg-server 1.7.6 is on my system. I
> regenrated the config file Xorg -configure. The display is shown
> proparly with everything around it but I don't have a mice and keyboard.

What happens if you use the old xorg.conf. What does /var/log/Xorg.0.log
show?

--
Neil Bothwick

Death to all fanatics!