Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Bill Longman

Default KDE 4.4.4 system settings - fonts never display

Have I just misconfigured several of my KDE boxes or is there a problem
with KDE 4.4.4's system settings? The font installer worked fine in 4.3,
but whenever I go into system settings and try to get a list of the
fonts, it's just a blank box, whether I choose personal or system fonts.

No amount of STFW has yet to yield to me a suitable place to look for
further answers.

TIA.

--
Bill

Ἐν ἀρχή *ν ὁ λόγος

Old 07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Mick

On Monday 12 July 2010 19:28:46 Bill Longman wrote:
> Have I just misconfigured several of my KDE boxes or is there a problem
> with KDE 4.4.4's system settings? The font installer worked fine in 4.3,
> but whenever I go into system settings and try to get a list of the
> fonts, it's just a blank box, whether I choose personal or system fonts.
>
> No amount of STFW has yet to yield to me a suitable place to look for
> further answers.
>
> TIA.
>
> --
> Bill
>
> Ἐν ἀρχή *ν ὁ λόγος

I can't point you to a solution, but can confirm that KDE-4.4.4 fonts work
fine here - only the 'Personal Fonts' category is empty (because I have not
setup any). 'All Fonts', 'System Fonts' and 'Unclassified Fonts' categories,
show fonts in them.

(και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον)
Mick

Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Bill Longman

On 07/12/2010 01:52 PM, Mick wrote:
> On Monday 12 July 2010 19:28:46 Bill Longman wrote:
>> Have I just misconfigured several of my KDE boxes or is there a problem
>> with KDE 4.4.4's system settings? The font installer worked fine in 4.3,
>> but whenever I go into system settings and try to get a list of the
>> fonts, it's just a blank box, whether I choose personal or system fonts.
>>
>> No amount of STFW has yet to yield to me a suitable place to look for
>> further answers.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>>
>> Ἐν ἀρχή *ν ὁ λόγος
>
> I can't point you to a solution, but can confirm that KDE-4.4.4 fonts work
> fine here - only the 'Personal Fonts' category is empty (because I have not
> setup any). 'All Fonts', 'System Fonts' and 'Unclassified Fonts' categories,
> show fonts in them.

Well, my system that I use most often doesn't seem to have a problem but
all my other ones, since the upgrade, show no fonts. Maybe something
fixed this one, (-NDu world last week?), but now it's fine.

> (και ο λογος ην προς τον θεον)

And this is how I know, because I was trying to load the GFS Decker
fonts on my home machines but couldn't! And I was reading Jeremiah, not
John. :-)