Old 07-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Albert Hopkins

Default Someone broke kde overlay :P

On Mon, 2010-07-12 at 14:41 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
> What's the deal with:
>
> !! Couldn't download 'oxygen-icons-4.4.92.tar.xz'. Aborting.
>
> Note the ".xz" extension. Where the heck do I get that? Why using
> something like this in the first place? Why don't the tarballs I
> downloaded from my local KDE mirror work anymore? Why should I trust
> tarballs that are not distributed by upstream?
>
> Please, please, don't do that. I'm sure whoever is responsible for this
> is just misinformed about something. Thank you :-)

This isn't the bitch and moan mailing list. If you've got problems with
an overlay maintainer, then take it to the overlay maintainer. General
support questions come here.

Having said that, you *are* using an overlay. Caveat emptor, and I'm
not absolutely certain, but I have a pretty good idea that KDE doesn't
even have a oxygen-icons-4.4.92.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:09 PM

And to answer the original statement: the kde overlay often puts the ebuilds in before the sources themselves hit the mirrors. And the .xz compression format is the successor to the .lzma format, if I recall correctly...you should have xz-utils on your system.
Chris Reffett

Old 07-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Dale

Albert Hopkins wrote:

!! Couldn't download 'oxygen-icons-4.4.92.tar.xz'. Aborting.

Note the ".xz" extension. Where the heck do I get that? Why using
something like this in the first place? Why don't the tarballs I
downloaded from my local KDE mirror work anymore? Why should I trust
tarballs that are not distributed by upstream?

Please, please, don't do that. I'm sure whoever is responsible for this
is just misinformed about something. Thank you :-)

This isn't the bitch and moan mailing list. If you've got problems with
an overlay maintainer, then take it to the overlay maintainer. General
support questions come here.

Having said that, you *are* using an overlay. Caveat emptor, and I'm
not absolutely certain, but I have a pretty good idea that KDE doesn't
even have a oxygen-icons-4.4.92.

According to this, they do:

http://www.kde.org/info/4.4.92.php

http://kde.mirrors.tds.net/pub/kde/unstable/4.4.92/src/

OP, may want to download them there instead.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Mateusz Arkadiusz Mierzwinski

It's Overlay - this is how it work's. It's buggy stack thats why it's called Overlay. Otherwise "the Code" from Overlay should be in main stream in regular portage. Please don't complain that Overlay don't work. Try emerge about 3-4 days after error occures.

--
Mateusz MierzwiƄski

Bluebox Software http://www.blueboxsoft.pl/mateusz-mierzwinski

Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
Paul Hartman

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 6:41 AM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@arcor.de> wrote:
> What's the deal with:
>
> !! Couldn't download 'oxygen-icons-4.4.92.tar.xz'. Aborting.
>
> Note the ".xz" extension. Where the heck do I get that? Why using
> something like this in the first place? Why don't the tarballs I downloaded
> from my local KDE mirror work anymore? Why should I trust tarballs that are
> not distributed by upstream?
>
> Please, please, don't do that. I'm sure whoever is responsible for this is
> just misinformed about something. Thank you :-)

Looks like it was just fixed an hour ago, resync the overlay and it
should use bz2 now:

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/kde.git;a=commit;h=4b27971ed556c29f6396414a8f5b086 8f1ad61d0