Old 07-12-2010, 05:30 AM

Default Ecrypts-questions

Hi,

currently I am experimenting and using Ecryptfs to encrypt single
directories.
I am using a passphrase as key.
When creating a new crypted directory, ecryptsfs writes to
/root/.ecryptfs

I dont know the role of the stuff written to that file.
What happens, if this file gets accidently lost?
What happens, if I create more than one crypted directory
of the same name (but of different paths)?
How can I delete completely a crypted directory -- I mean
what do I have to do beside 'rm -rf <dir>'?

Unfortunately I didnt find a howto/tutorial on the web which
answers questions beside "How to create a crypted dir with ecryptfs".
Where can I find answers to questions like those above without diving
deeply into the source and the theory of Cryptography ?

Best regards
mcc