Old 07-10-2010, 04:51 AM
Enrico Weigelt

Default Update single packages w/o dependencies

Hi folks,

is there an emerge option for building just a single package w/o
its dependencies (if deps are required, it should fail) ?

I'd like to set up an automatic update for certain packages,
but w/o touching all the rest not explicitly given.

cu

phone: +49 36207 519931 email: weigelt@metux.de
mobile: +49 151 27565287 icq: 210169427 skype: nekrad666

Old 07-10-2010, 05:10 AM
Dale

Enrico Weigelt wrote:

Hi folks,

is there an emerge option for building just a single package w/o
its dependencies (if deps are required, it should fail) ?

I'd like to set up an automatic update for certain packages,
but w/o touching all the rest not explicitly given.

cu

I found this in the emerge man page:

--nodeps (-O)
Merges specified packages without merging any
dependencies. Note that the build may fail if the

dependencies aren't satisfied.

Is that what you are looking for?

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sat, 10 Jul 2010 06:51:30 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> is there an emerge option for building just a single package w/o
> its dependencies (if deps are required, it should fail) ?

Yes, and it is clearly documented in the emerge man page, along with
several other useful options.

--
Neil Bothwick

We are Pentium of Borg. You will be approximated. Resistance may or may
not be futile, except on every other Tuesday when it is a definite maybe.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:14 PM
Enrico Weigelt

* Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> >Hi folks,
> >

> >is there an emerge option for building just a single package w/o
> >its dependencies (if deps are required, it should fail) ?
> >
> >I'd like to set up an automatic update for certain packages,
> >but w/o touching all the rest not explicitly given.
> >

> >cu
> >

> I found this in the emerge man page:
>
> --nodeps (-O)
> Merges specified packages without merging any
> dependencies. Note that the build may fail if the
> dependencies aren't satisfied.
>

> Is that what you are looking for?

yep. thanks