Old 07-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Mick

Default udev boot errors - unable to access device

Hi All,

I updated sys-fs/udev-149 yesterday and noticed some uevent errors
during boot today. They went by too fast for me to catch them, but
they said something about udevent: unable to access device/000/000
..... mouse and another about event9.

Do I ignore, delete permanent udev rules, or do some particular
incantation to fix this?
Mick

Old 07-10-2010, 09:05 PM
walt

On 07/08/2010 07:28 AM, Mick wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I updated sys-fs/udev-149 yesterday and noticed some uevent errors
> during boot today. They went by too fast for me to catch them, but
> they said something about udevent: unable to access device/000/000
> ..... mouse and another about event9.
>
> Do I ignore, delete permanent udev rules, or do some particular
> incantation to fix this?

If you reboot again, are the errors still there? If not, I'd say
forget about it. If the errors recur you could try playing with
udevadm, e.g. udevadm info --export-db and look for anything odd.