Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Crístian Viana

Default libvirt needs VirtualBox XPCOMC

hi,
when I was trying to emerge the newest libvirt ebuild, the following error appeared on configure:
checking for VirtualBox XPCOMC location... not foundconfigure: error: VirtualBox XPCOMC is required for the VirtualBox driver

what do I need to install to make it work? I'm emerging with the USE flags:
[ebuild * * U ] app-emulation/libvirt-0.8.2 [0.8.1-r1] USE="libvirtd lxc network nls python qemu virtualbox -avahi -caps -iscsi -lvm -macvtap% -nfs -numa -openvz -parted -pcap% -phyp -policykit -sasl (-selinux) -udev -uml -xen"

Old 07-07-2010, 04:11 PM
App Deb

Do you want to use libvirt with virtualbox? If not (say you want to use it with kvm or something else) try emerging libvirt without the virtualbox flag using package.use .
Else try emerging virtualbox-ose or virtualbox-bin befire libvirt.

But this is probably a bug? libvirt should have virtualbox as a dependency if the use flag is enabled, I think.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:54 PM
App Deb

You should fill a bug then, if you are sure.

Do you want to use libvirt with virtualbox?
well, I wanted to make some tests with libvirt and VirtualBox, but I guess I'll leave it for some other time. I removed the "virtualbox" USE flag.

Else try emerging virtualbox-ose or virtualbox-bin befire libvirt.
nothing's changed.*

But this is probably a bug?
I believe so. emerge should never fail, in my opinion. if the ebuild lacks a dependency, it should be pulled; if the code doesn't compile, use patches; if it has more than one conflicting USE flags, warn the user and use a default flag; anyway, it should never fail, specially like that.

:-)