Old 07-06-2010, 05:17 AM
Steve

Default Two openvpn tunnels... and /etc/init.d et al.

I already have one openvpn tunnel - and I need another. I've established
configuration launching the second tunnel (tun1, while tun0 is launched
at boot) using the command line to explicitly start openvpn. I'd really
like both tunnels to start at boot time.

In case it is relevant, tun0 (currently launched automatically at boot
time) acts in 'server mode' (i.e. clients connect to it over TCP
establishing a new tunnel) - whereas tun1 acts in 'client mode' - well,
as much as that makes sense for UDP, establishing a single tunnel to a
remote server.

What's the recommended gentoo way to launch two openvpn instances? (I
assume that's what's required...)

Old 07-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Eray Aslan

On 06.07.2010 08:17, Steve wrote:
> What's the recommended gentoo way to launch two openvpn instances? (I
> assume that's what's required...)

$ ls -l /etc/init.d/openvpn*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4198 Feb 17 08:31 /etc/init.d/openvpn
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Mar 1 12:28 /etc/init.d/openvpn-interoffice
-> openvpn
$ ls -l /etc/openvpn/*.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10356 Mar 1 15:32
/etc/openvpn/openvpn-interoffice.conf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10351 Mar 4 23:10 /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf

i.e. make a soft link to openvpn init script and make a seperate conf
file with the same name as the new init script in your config directory
(usually /etc/openvpn). Init script starts openvpn with the correct
config file.

--
Eray

Old 07-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Steve

i.e. make a soft link to openvpn init script and make a seperate conf
file with the same name as the new init script in your config
directory (usually /etc/openvpn). Init script starts openvpn with the
correct config file.

Many thanks, works perfectly...

All I need to work out now is how to get my iproute2 config for my new
tunnel to come up automatically... it works from the command line.

Are there any documents about migrating explicit iproute2 routing done
at the command line (i,e, calling ip <cmd> ... several times after
logging in as root) to scripts that are run at boot time (after my
tunnels are up)?