Old 07-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Mick

Default How to capture a screen video?

What application can I use to capture a video sequence of events on my
desktop? I'd like to do stuff on an application and create a video of my
mouse clicks and responses from the application. Is there anything other than
xvidcap which seems to be hard masked?
Mick

Old 07-04-2010, 07:27 PM
Blackdream W

ffmpeg or recordmydesktop.

I think google is ur best friend.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:57 AM
Mick

On Sunday 04 July 2010 20:27:20 Blackdream W wrote:
> ffmpeg or recordmydesktop.
>
> I think google is ur best friend.[?]

Thanks, I'll look further into ffmpeg in the first instance.

PS. Google is only as good as your ability to find the terms by which you
should be searching. I understand they are working hard on reading our
thoughts.
Mick

Old 07-05-2010, 06:08 AM
Dale

Mick wrote:

PS. Google is only as good as your ability to find the terms by which you
should be searching. I understand they are working hard on reading our
thoughts.

+1

I like how folks that have the answer say to Google for it. If you
don't know what to tell Google to find, Google isn't worth $0.01 on the
subject.

Now after you get the answer, Google is great. :-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Blackdream W

Hmmm...* I don't think so,because "what question u have" =="what to tell Google to find"

*

+1

I like how folks that have the answer say to Google for it. *If you don't know what to tell Google to find, Google isn't worth $0.01 on the subject.

Now after you get the answer, Google is great. *:-)

Dale

:-) *:-)

--
发文档务必请用.txt*式。其它*式不 被打开

Old 07-05-2010, 06:32 AM
Dale

Blackdream W wrote:
Hmmm... I don't think so,because "what question u have" =="what to
tell Google to find"

If you know what you are looking for is called. Sometimes when I am
looking for something, I don't know what the thing I am looking for is
called. You can't Google for a 'thing em a jig' and expect results.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 05 July 2010 08:08:05 Dale wrote:
> Mick wrote:
> > PS. Google is only as good as your ability to find the terms by which you
> > should be searching. I understand they are working hard on reading our
> > thoughts.
>
> +1
>
> I like how folks that have the answer say to Google for it. If you
> don't know what to tell Google to find, Google isn't worth $0.01 on the
> subject.
>
> Now after you get the answer, Google is great. :-)

Noooooooooooooooo, you don't get it.

You must google the question to get the search terms
Then you must google the search terms to get the answer

Two-step process!

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 06:57:12 +0100, Mick wrote:

> PS. Google is only as good as your ability to find the terms by which
> you should be searching.

Your question was "How to capture a screen video"m Googling for "linux
How to capture a screen video" gives several answers

--
Neil Bothwick

When you finally buy enough memory, you will not have enough disk space.
-- Murphy's Computer Laws n3

Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 AM
Blackdream W

Aha,I think u r a funny guys